December Spa Specials
Take a break to distress and recharge this holiday season and receive a complimentary 25 minute body treatment with purchase of any 80 minute massage or facial.
Enjoy a complimentary 25 minute massage, facial or body treatment ($55 value!) with the purchase of $250 in gift cards.
2) Sè Spa
Sè Spa Preview Package: Starting at $259, you can enjoy the best of this new uber-luxury hotel. Package includes overnight accommodations in a sleek CitySide guest-room, $100 daily spa credit at the exquisite SPA at Sè San Diego, European breakfast and complimentary valet parking. Stay dates available December 26, 2008 through December 31, 2009. Availability is limited.
Naughty & Nice Holiday Package: Find out if you're naughty or nice this holiday season at Sè San Diego, downtown's newest luxe hotel. Experience Sè Spa, couples-style, with the signature Moroccan Rasul Mud treatment, followed by a soak in the Couple's Tub for two in the Studio Sutra. That evening, enjoy downtown's vibrant nightlife scene with a VIP table and bottle of champagne in Siren, our Uber Pool Lounge. With breakfast in bed the following morning and a late check-out of 2 PM, you can relax and recover before heading home. Small print: VIP table in Siren is subject to availability and valid Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Retail value from $805. Package price from $379. Package Includes:
One Night Stay in CitySide Accommodation
Moroccan Rasul Mud Bath for Two
Soak in Couple's Tub for Two ( in the Studio Sutra )
VIP Table at Siren Uber Lounge with bottle of champagne
Breakfast for two in bed the following morning
Late check-out of 2 PM
Sèduce Us: This luxurious Romance Package includes a Couple's Massage in Sè SPA's Studio Sutra, dinner in the privacy of your sleek CitySide guestroom complete with Private Waiter, Strawberries & Chocolate Mousse turndown, Valet Parking, and Breakfast in Bed the following morning. And no need to rush, with a late check-out of 2 PM, you'll have more time to relax and enjoy! Available through December 30, 2009. Starting at $579 per night. Includes:
One night stay in Cityside Accommodation
Strawberries & Chocolate Mousse Welcome Amenity
Dinner in Room with Captain's Service (set menu)
Couples Massage (two Swedish Massages incl. tax & gratuity in Studio Sutra)
Breakfast in bed the following morning
2 PM Check-out
Valley Center, 760.751.7709
Blueberry Anti-Aging Facial, $89: Reveal your berry smooth skin! This 50-minute treatment uses all-natural ingredients, like blueberries, raspberries and soy to reveal porcelain smooth, flawless skin.
Sugar Plum Facial, $79: This holiday treat is a wake-up call for all complexions! The 50-minute facial uses a plum puree to infuse tired skin with essential nutrients that will help revitalize your skin - just in time for all of those holiday parties!
Holiday Wrap, $149: Let us "wrap" you up this holiday season! This 85-minute treatment includes a cinnamon and nutmeg body scrub, followed by a body wrap and 20-minute Swedish massage that will banish dry winter skin and give you a relaxed holiday glow!
Rincon Manicure & Pedicure, $59: We've added a holiday twist to our most popular duo! Enjoy a 25-minute manicure and 25-pedicure featuring Cranberry lotion - all at a savings of over $20!
September Spa Specials
Valley Center, 760.751.7709
20-minute neck, back, and shoulder massage, a condensed version of the classic Swedish massage -- $49. That’s a 30% discount off the regular price!
- 75-minute River Rock massage uses smooth, heated stones -- $119 (regular price $165).
- 25-minute Natural Glow Facial, polishes skin with the natural microdermabrasion action of poppy seeds and fine walnut -- $49 (regular price $60).
2) Sé Spa
Overnight accommodations in a sleek City Side guest-room, $100 daily spa credit at the exquisite SPA at Sè San Diego, European breakfast and complimentary valet parking. Stay dates available through December 31, 2009. Availability is limited – Starting at $259 per night.
Rancho Bernardo, 858.675.8471
- Moonlight Spa-ing: Relax beneath the stars for an evening of pampering with your choice of a 50-Minute Signature Massage or Facial and a light, three-course dinner. Friday, September 11, 6pm to 9pm, $150 per person, $175 with wine pairing.
- All Play-No Pay: As a valued guest, the best in spa, dining or golf can be yours for free this summer at Rancho Bernardo Inn! Choose from: two free spa treatments or free veranda dinner for two or free unlimited golf for two. Through September 17, 2009, $279 per night.
Mission Bay, 858.539.8820
- Opio Facial: Head back to school with a facial for teens, ages 13-17. Facial includes a deep cleansing, gentle extractions, and a healing mask followed by the application of an appropriate serum and/or moisturizer -- $99 (regularly priced at $115).
- 50-minute Pineapple Paradise Exfoliation: Tropical fruit treatment gives a natural glow using sugar cane crystals and natural cold pressed virgin coconut oil to exfoliate any unwanted dead skin under the Vichy Shower waterfall -- $99 (regularly priced at $115).
- 50-minute Hawaiian Lei Pedicure: Begins with a Hawaiian Lei footbath followed by a Sherbet Scrub and a stimulating foot mask. A calf and foot massage is performed and the treatment finishes with the perfect polish -- $65 (regularly priced at $75).
- 50-minute Milk and Honey Body Wrap: A gentle loofah exfoliation will prep skin for a full-body application of this hydrating body wrap that contained an exotic blend of coconut milk, raw honey, and exotic nut extracts containing a rich source of natural anti-oxidants and nutrients -- $99 (regularly priced at $75).
Rancho Bernardo, 858.312.5600
- 120-minute Zen Bliss: Begin with a 60 min. massage of your choice to deeply relax your body. Followed by our signature acupressure facial that uses natural, organic products. 60 min. organic facial includes exfoliation, extractions (if necessary), massage, and mask -- $150.
- 90-minute Mother-to-Be: Prepare a new mom for birth and recovery. Includes 60 min. massage and a relaxing stress relieving acupuncture treatment -- $145.
- Aviara specialty duo: Treat yourself to this combination designed especially for you. Begin with an 80-minute Swedish, shiatsu or sports massage, followed by a 50-minute ginseng herbal facial -- $385.
- Aviara custom spa rejuvenator: Refresh and rejuvenate while you create your own combination of spa treatments. Select two 50-minute spa services and one 25-minute spa service. This package also includes a light lunch -- $440.
- Day of beauty: Indulge yourself with a day of relaxation and pampering. Begin with an exfoliating full-body scrub, followed by a nourishing and revitalizing body wrap. Enjoy lunch, and then experience a full-body massage, followed by a 50-minute ginseng herbal facial -- $625.
Mission Bay, 858.490.6350
90-minute Romantic Nightcap: Share the relaxing experience of a Balinese Massage, nestled within a bungalow of bamboo and mahogany, side by side on beds adorned with rose petals. Then soak in a candlelit Jacuzzi on the private Spa Terrace while sipping champagne. Return to your guestroom where the spa experience continues with a Rose-petal and Romance Aromatherapy Turndown -- $420, includes gratuity.
- 30-minute Spa Detox Special: Rapid Face Salvage and 30 minute back, neck, and shoulder massage -- $100.
- The Paw Perfection: Go for an essential hand and foot regimen (manicure/pedicure) and upgrade to a Caribbean Spa Therapy Hand Treatment for free -- $60.
- Colour Enrichment Lock: Get a complimentary Colour Lock Conditioning Treatment and foot soak with any colour service.
August Spa Specials
1) The Spa at Harrah’s Rincon Hotel & Casino
Valley Center, 760.751.7709
50-minute facial featuring Eminence Organic Skincare products -- $79. That’s a 30% discount off the regular price! Plus, receive 15% off any Eminence product.
2) Sé Spa
- Stone Massage: Balance your body, mind and spirit with therapeutic oils and warm volcanic stones. 90 min ~ $125.
- Jade Facial: Cool and stimulating, imperial jade rollers are slowly massaged over face to deeply penetrate ingredients. 60 min ~ $105 plus $20 product credit.
- Pedicure & Polish: Our signature pedicure includes scrub, hand massage and SPATINI. $45 min ~ $40 plus free OPI polish to take home.
3) Spa Velia
Eye Treatment: Beautify your eye area with a firming eye treatment, complimentary with a 50-minute Vitality Peel. $20 value. Available Monday through Thursday only.
4) The Spa at Rancho Bernardo Inn
Rancho Bernardo, 858.675.8471
Sample the Spa: An afternoon of relaxation with (3) 15-Minute Spa Treatments accompanied by a selection of savory appetizers, sweets & a refreshing cucumber margarita. Sunday afternoon, August 9th and 23rd, 2pm to 7pm. $99 per person.
Sunrise Spa: Wake up with an invigorating hour of yoga followed by a light and healthy breakfast buffet. Every Saturday morning through September 12. 9am-11am. $25 per person.
10 Father’s Day Spa Specials
Give dad a time out at one of these San Diego day spas.
If you think spa treatments are luxuries only reserved for women—think again. Not only are more and more San Diego spas catering to the male persuasion with facials, massages and body treatments customized for men (just check out our article on Spa for Men), but more and more men are becoming avid spa goers. The right treatment is all it takes to get ’em hooked. Don’t believe me? Give him a gift from this list of Father’s Day spa specials and watch the transformation begin…
1) Alegra Skin Care & Day Spa
Mission Hills, 619.293.0252
Men’s Hot Towel Facial: A facial suited for every man — we use lots of those nice, steamy hot towels. Skin type and condition will determine the particular products we will use to make his skin look healthy and handsome. A deep cleansing and exfoliation will be followed by a shiatsu massage of the face, neck, shoulders and scalp. A shea butter hydrating mask and a massage of the hands and arms will complete the treatment for a smooth and radiant complexion. 1 hour - $75
2) Beauty Kliniek Aromatherapy Day Spa
La Jolla-UTC, 858.457.0191
Father's Get Away: Eucalyptus Steam, Sports Hydrobath, Deep Tissue Massage. $200
Father's Retreat: Stress Reducing Back Treatment, Stress Relieving Massage, Reflexology. $260
Executive Retreat: Sports Hydrobath, Hot Oil Scalp Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Sports Manicure. $285
Delightful Dad: Eucalyptus Steam, Full Body Massage, Gentleman's Facial, Hot Oil Scalp Massage. $295
3) Catamaran Spa
Mission Bay, 858.539.8820
Father’s Day Escape: Any 50-minute massage and Men’s 50-minute facial, plus free facility use on next visit. $200 (Regular price $230)
4) Cinnabar Acupuncture Clinic & Spa
Rancho Bernardo, 858.312.5600
Athlete's Renewal: For performance and recovery. Begin with a 60 min acupuncture treatment to balance the body and deeply relax the muscles. Followed by a 60 min sports massage. 120 minutes – $145.
Ultimate Detailing: Full service manly treatment for face and back. Begins with back facial including enzyme exfoliation, extractions, high frequency, and mask. Next the face undergoes a thorough, deep cleansing, extractions, high frequency, lymphatic massage, and mask. Results and pampering in one treatment! 90 minutes – $135. Add microderm or peel for $30.
Emperor's Renewal: Acupuncture not your thing? We've stripped the needles and left the 60-minute sports massage...and added 30 minutes devoted to scalp and foot massage for the ultimate pampering experience! 90 minutes – $115.
5) The Spa at Four Seasons Resort Aviara
Golfer's Spa Package: This customized experience begins with a 30-minute exfoliating hand scrub, a hand massage and a paraffin treatment that penetrates the skin and acts as a sealant, leaving the golfer’s hands hydrated and smooth. Tense muscles used in a golf swing are soothed with a 50-minute massage, including the back, shoulders and neck. A premium cigar amenity and an Arnold Palmer beverage amenity put the finishing touches on an unforgettable Aviara golf getaway. 2 hours – $515
6) Spa at L’Auberge Del Mar
Del mar, 858.793.6493
Surf & Spa: Nurture soul and body at L’Auberge Del Mar with the Surf & Spa package. Stay in breezy, seaside guest accommodations. Stroll to Del Mar Beach for a surf lesson. And for the perfect post-surf relaxation, drift into Spa L'Auberge for a 50-minute massage of your choice. Package includes accommodations, surfing lesson with board and wetsuit rental, 50 minute massage, spa gratuity, taxes, resort fee and complimentary parking. Massage options include therapeutic, shiatsu or Swedish.
7) The Spa at Rancho Bernardo Inn
Rancho Bernardo, 877.517.9340
All Play-No Pay Package: choose from: two free spa treatments OR a free Veranda dinner for two OR free unlimited golf for two. For a limited time only stay for just $279 per night. *Based on availability. Some restrictions and blackout dates apply.
8) Spa Terre, Paradise Point Resort & Spa
Mission Bay, 858.490.6350
All Thai-ed Up: Take your body and mind on a 3-½ hour-long journey to Thailand with our San Diego Day Spa Package. Nurture your spirit with a Thai Herbal Therapy and relieve muscle tension with a healing blend of spa massage and aromatherapy spa techniques. Then discover the healing power of essential oils with our signature SpaTerre Facial, using aroma therapy to purify, smooth and soften your skin. Finally, your spa package experience will be complete with a classic manicure. This San Diego Day Spa Package starts at $450, including gratuity. No substitutions.
9) Sente Bella Day Spa
The Pure Fiji Escape: Take a day-cation and escape to the island of Fiji with the coconut sugar scrub and massage. This treatment starts with a two part exfoliation of the skin through a dry brushing followed by a coconut sugar scrub. After a quick plunge in the shower, the treatment continues with a 45 minute Swedish or deep tissue massage using a coconut infused lotion which nourishes and deeply hydrates the skin, leaving it feeling oh-so-velvety soft. Indulge the senses and escape for the day! 90 Minutes with Swedish Massage $115 (regularly $140). Deep Tissue Massage for an additional $15
10) Well-Heeled Salon & Spa
Spa Detox Special: Relax and Detoxify! 30-minute Rapid Face Salvage & 30-minute back, neck and shoulder massage. $100
Spread the word and win a Sonya Dakar travel kit!
This month, tell your friends and family about SpaScene.com and you could win the UltraLuxe 9 Jet Set travel kit by celebrity skincare specialist Sonya Dakar. With a retail value of $98, the kit is a fantastic way to try the revolutionary skincare products all the magazines are raving about.
All you have to do is encourage friends to become a SpaScene member
and remind them to include your name for the referral. On March 1st, we’ll tally the results and the member with the most referrals wins!
*Promotion ends 11:59 pm PST February 28, 2009. By participating in this promotion, you agree to SpaScene’s product and service disclaimer.
About Sonya Dakar’s UltraLuxe 9 JetSet Kit
UltraLuxe, with Nonaplex. technology, promises to deliver the results and experience worthy of the Sonya Dakar brand. Four luxurious new products, a sleek new look. It's worth it. UltraLuxe is now available in a convenient (and affordable) travel size Jet Set! All products come in .5 oz FAA compliant sizes. Here's what you get:
UltraLuxe Nourishing Wash
A unique daily cleanser that hydrates your skin as it purifies it of pollutants, makeup, and excess surface oils. Rich in anti-oxidants, and soap-free.
UltraLuxe Age-Control Active Mask
Achieve professional results at home with our richest and most hydrating mask with added age control ingredients. Leaves skin immediately plumper, smoother, and younger looking.
UltraLuxe 9 Age Control Complex
Engineered with Nonaplex™ technology, with 9 of the most potent anti-aging complexes known to science. Combined, these 9 complexes coalesce to diminish the appearance of fine lines, expression lines and deep wrinkles.
About Sonya Dakar Skincare
To say Sonya Dakar Skincare is passionate about skin is an understatement. Ever since our professional launch 30 years ago, our mission hasn't wavered: to give everyone the chance to achieve great skin. What started out performing facials while husband Israel mixed skincare products in the kitchen, has blossomed into a worldwide phenomenon.
Sonya Dakar Skincare believes that taking care of the skin is just like taking care of the body. While spending hours in the gym to get fit may not be anyone's idea of bliss, the pay-offs for how you look and feel are tremendous. It's the same with skin care: with the correct tools, effective products and a diligent attitude, the results are sure to follow. After being an underground phenomenon for many years, Sonya and Israel Dakar launched the Sonya Dakar Skin Clinic in 1984. Since that time they have created such sought-after treatments as The Diamond Peel, the Custom Green Tea Peel and Facial Fitness. Over the years, a comprehensive product line was developed so that everyone can benefit from their wisdom.
To learn more, visit sonyadakar.com
The Grand Day Spa Retreat
What better way to reenergize -- and pamper -- yourself than with a luxurious spa retreat? To alleviate the winter doldrums, The Spa at The Grand Del Mar is offering "The Grand Day Spa Retreat," a day-long experience designed to relax and rejuvenate the mind and body.
The complete day package costs $378 and includes:
- “Portrait of Tradition” package with a full 60-minute traditional Swedish Body Massage and a customized 60-minute Portrait Facial (includes gratuity).
- Alfresco poolside lunch for one person (includes tax and gratuity).
- Complimentary entrance to the steam, sauna and all the spa facilities.
- Complimentary Parking at the resort.
For reservations, call 858.314.2020.