Seven Skin Care Secrets for Summer 2009
Skin Care Guru Celeste Hilling Shares her Secrets for Safe and Cost-Effective Summer Skin
What’s the secret to amazing summer skin? Celebs, models and socialites seem to know. Even though you may not have the paparazzi following you around this summer, you deserve to look like a star and can do so with a few simple, cost-effective steps.
“Women in the know have made econo-chic the hot trend in skin care,” said Celeste Hilling, host of the popular internet radio show ‘Skin Health TODAY’ and founder of the must-have skin care line Skin Authority. “Today’s busy woman is demanding products that are convenient, cost-effective and have multiple uses. The seven skin care secrets capitalize on the econo-chic trend and will help you look radiant at the beach, pool or ballpark, while also protecting your skin for summers to come.”
Hilling has spent more than 15 years researching and designing products in the quest to help people build and maintain radiant skin. She’s tried out all of the skin care secrets and passes on her best advice to you:
1. Get Below the Surface - To get your skin summer ready, it's very important to exfoliate. Your body accumulates dead skin cells every day. If you don't get rid of them, your skin will look so dull and dry that lotion won’t make a difference. Skin Authority offers two AHA-based cleansers for the face that offer proper exfoliating and resurfacing action. The Daily Cleanser incorporates glycolic acid to stimulate resurfacing, plus it is lightweight and excellent at removing make-up. The Exfoliating Cleanser, with three percent glycolic acid and micro-fine pumice offers additional gentle exfoliation. For the body, Skin Authority offers its Purifying Energy Stimulation Scrub which combines bamboo with crushed almond and corn husk for an all-over exfoliating experience.
2. Calming Cellulite - With itty-bitty bikinis in your future, you’ll want to smooth those bumpy patches. The appearance of cellulite can be reduced by using a body scrub with large exfoliators such as ground coffee beans, pumice or bamboo shoots to stimulate circulation. It’s also smart to use a scrub that incorporates caffeine to detoxify or release water from the surface layers of fat to make cellulite look smoother.
3. Safe Summer Glow - Glow safely this summer without the unsafe and aging worries that come along with the sun or tanning beds. Look for a fragrance free (for a better smell) self-tanner formulation that incorporates an AHA for better penetration. For face, alternate your regular moisturizer and a self-tanner every other night for a natural glow. For the body, be careful to avoid elbows, knees and heels so you look natural and the tanner doesn’t darken the folds. There’s a video in Skin Authority’s Knowledge Center to help you have the best self-tanner experience.
4. Last Season’s Sunscreen is so Passé - The active ingredients in sunscreens deteriorate over time, so purchase a new one. Reapply every one to two hours that you are in the sun to ensure a summer full of safe, sun fun. Make sure you have full UVA and UVB protection. That means you need more than an SPF of 15, which only measures UVB protection.
5. When it Comes to Sunscreen, Look for the Stars - A four-star rating system isn't just for the movies. The Food and Drug Administration will soon use stars to rate sunscreens. We are proud that Skin Authority’s Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 30 UVA 4-Stars is the first sun protection product to achieve the highest FDA-recommended four-star rating. The rating pertains to ultraviolet A rays (UVA), which are associated with serious, long-term skin damage.
6. Fancy Feet - Even if you are strutting in Louboutins, no one will know that you saved money by getting a pedicure at a local beauty school or by giving yourself one at home. Apply a 20 percent concentration of glycolic acid nightly to get rid of those calluses or deep layers of dead skin. While in the shower, scrub your feet three times a week with a pumice stone to keep the skin soft.
7. Great Skin Care on the GO! - From the ballpark to the beach, you will be on the go a lot this summer. Skin Authority’s new GO! Gorgeous Kit makes a great skin care routine available for less than your daily cup of coffee. The kit contains everything you need to cleanse, treat, hydrate and protect your skin daily.
About Celeste Hilling
With more than 15 years in the beauty and wellness industries, Celeste Hilling is the host of the syndicated internet radio show “Skin Health TODAY” and the Founder and CEO of Skin Authority. As a highly-sought-after expert on skin care, beauty, health and self-esteem, Hilling has made numerous television appearances and has been quoted in leading business publications including The New York Times, Forbes and BusinessWeek.
About Skin Authority
Skin Authority is the leading skin care lifestyle company. Through professional guidance and coaching, powerful and pure products, and profound professional treatment experiences, Skin Authority helps individuals make healthy choices daily to ensure a lifetime of youthful, radiant skin.